Microwave Steam Steriliser
This microwave steam steriliser destroys potentially harmful bacteria by the sterilising action of steam – produced when water is heated to boiling point. No special cleaning agents required, and it doubles as a sterilisation container to be used with cold water and sterilising solution when no electricity is available. It fits both wide-neck or standard-neck bottles with volumes of 125ml, 150ml, 250ml, 275ml and 300ml, from all brands. You can sterilise up to six bottles at a time, and it comes with tongs for the safe removal of hot items from the unit.
Care and Use:
- Remove any food or milk residue with hot, soapy water before placing in the steam steriliser.
- Unlock lid and remove the rack from the unit, before filling with 200ml of cold tap water. This amount should fill the base of the unit. Fill with the recommended amount of water only.
- Place the rack back into the unit and proceed to load.
- Load bottles in an upside down position and add accessories such as silicone teats, discs and bottle caps. Use the specially shaped holes in the rack to position the bottles and their various parts.
- Close the lid and ensure the latch is properly secured and place the unit in the microwave.
- To avoid steam or hot water burns, please adhere to the cooling time, as contents will be extremely hot!
- See guide for heating and cooling times below. Times will vary according to the wattages of different microwaves.
|Wattage||Heat for||Cool for|
|Microwave||1150 – 1500W||3 minutes||5 minutes|
|Microwave||1000 – 1100W||4 minutes||5 minutes|
|Microwave||800 – 950W||5 minutes||5 minutes|
|Microwave||500 – 750W||7 minutes||5 minutes|
- Only certain items are suitable for microwave steam sterilisation.
- Check that all items are suitable for sterilising with a microwave steam steriliser.
Items not suitable for use with the Snookums Microwave Steam Steriliser include:
- Some rattles and toys.
- Any metal objects including cutlery and bottle or teat brushes.
- Any latex soothers or teats.
- This product is not a toy and should only be handled by adults.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Inspect all components and dispose of if damaged.
- This product is not always sterile. Insufficient sterilisation of feeding equipment may harm your baby’s health.
- Before each use ensure the locking mechanism of the sterilising unit is in good working order.
- Do not allow the water to boil away. Stick to the heating and cooling guidelines recommended for your microwave oven.
- If you find that the base is completely dry at the end of a cycle, reduce the power setting or the time period with the next cycle.
- Do not attempt to open or move the unit before the recommended 5-minute cooling period as contents will be extremely hot!
- When opening the lid, do so away from your body and face to prevent steam burns.
- Always place steriliser on a flat surface before opening.
- After cooling period suction will occur causing lid to stick. Take care when lifting the lid.
- If you are breastfeeding your baby, using a feeding bottle or teat may interfere with your baby’s natural way of suckling your breast.
- BREASTFEEDING IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR BABY.
- Please read these instructions carefully and keep for future reference.
- Safety tested. Complies with EN14350.